Friday, February 7, 2020

A Will of A Regretful Father


He was an honest man. An honest and kind man. His honesty and kindness was seen, heard and felt. Its in his face, his voice, his smile, his words, his life, his attitudes and his businesses. Sometimes its even on his shirt and the way he dress up to mosque. He will never said a word without setting an example. Never giving handouts without advices and never extended his hand without confering prayers. He left a family of six, three spouses of his three  his own children, born by his lovely wife, and singlehandedly raised by him for his wife left them when she delivered her third baby.  All three of his children love him sincerely, as sons, they were taught to be tough and love their households, to cry and still give out a strong punch, to cook appetizing menus as a part of family gathering activities, and cherish all the love in the world without fearing of losing it.


The lawyer open the enveloped of will written by the father a moon ago. He started with a monotous voice, a voice prepared to read the whole contracts.


“My children, my dearest ones, I will never be able to rest eternally if I did not let this be known to the one I have loved most. It happened when I was young, timid, and lonely in this world. All I have was myself, my courage and a house your grandfather has left me. Time flies, nervously from the motionless silence when I was in the house. I have begun to talk to myself, repeating words without meaning nor rhyme, only to make some sound to accompany me in that house. My voices sounded so strange that I am starting to afraid that it is becoming really strange. Is there anything really worse than talking to one’s self in a big empty house? I talked, but the sounds of my voice travels aimlessly without any direction to no one, with no ears to listen to it, it vanished into empty air. They sound no more than an echo, a peculiar echo of sounds that eeyorish, my sound seems always looking on the dark side of loneliness. Until one day, I met her. She too, was like me. Longing for companion. For three years I lived quietly with her, however without any intention of wiving her. I had my laughters with her, she was as sweet as odorous white lilies are. She brightens up my day and night, sometimes we forget about the day and night, we simply, live. Wedding, was a topic I refused to discuss because I am waiting for another woman, of same stature and social standard to fit me and my enterprises. Thus why question of marriage was never raised, we simply, live. One day, she smiled and told me she was with one in the oven. All four words she conveyed robbed me my future right in front of my eyes. I was disturbed with the news. A confused yearning desire, murderous one surged through my mind. If only an accident happened!


To be continued